Monday, December 29, 2014


Hello folks.
I've never been a blogger before but I thought I would give this a try. I've come to realize that, like everyone else, I have a lot of things going on in my life - family, career, hobbies, hopes and ambitions and that maybe keeping a journal about things may help give me some clarity. I've seen blogs from other people I know so I thought I'd try it too ... so here goes.

My name is Sam and I like to make things.
My passions include blacksmithing, stained glass, making silver jewelry, woodworking and carving and Norse history. My number one, all-consuming passion is my wife, Leslie - though I'm pretty sure she doesn't want me writing about our personal life, so I'll just stick with the hobbies. I want this blog to be an ongoing journal about my crafts and projects and creative growth. I have countless plans percolating in my head and I thought it would be a good idea to have a venue where I could write about them and maybe even get some feedback from other interested people.

I'm not much of a writer so this is all one big experiment for me - it could take off splendidly or it could all go pear-shaped ... only time will tell. So here is to a New Year and to new ventures.
Cheers.