Monday, April 6, 2015


A Busy Long Weekend

This has proved to be a very productive long weekend. I was finally able to get my work-space for making silver jewelry organized. It's only a small corner in my basement, right next to my stained glass bench, but for what I do, it suits my purposes just fine.

It took me hours of moving stuff around and organizing the rest of the basement so that I could dig out the corner I needed. It's turned out pretty nice ... I have my home-made jeweler's bench, a storage cabinet underneath, my flex-shaft, all my tools nice and organized, I even set my my old netbook computer so I can look up stuff or watch Netflix while I work. I have to say I'm pretty pleased with myself.


So naturally I had to dive into some silver projects I'd been meaning to get around to. I had to scrounge together some silver scraps from past projects, so that meant I even got to use the rolling mill my wife bought me for christmas.
(... reminds me ... I have to figure out a way to bolt that thing down)

I started my projects late Saturday afternoon and took Sunday off to be with my mom and dad for Easter. So finally, by 3:00 this afternoon I had finished 4 silver viking armrings and 1 hesselberg amulet. I think they turned out pretty well. 

That's one more project space organized ... still to do;the blacksmith shop and a small wood shop space.