Sunday, February 14, 2016

Norse needle cases.

It's been a while since I've posted last ... been dealing with a lot of stuff (including a family crisis), but I'm glad to find some time to get back to the work bench.
This is my latest project ... a Norse Needle-Case.  It would hang from a woman's brooch and/or chatelaine, along with some other personal tools like a pair of snips, a pair of tweezers, a comb, etc. 
This needle-case is made of bone (goose wing-bone) caged in hand-stamped bronze bands.  The chain is double-link bronze and the loops are bronze as well. I made this as a Valentine's gift for my wife.

I also got a chance to play with my mini-torch set up for oxy-propane ... I loved it.  It feels great to see my home bench become a little bit more complete.  Next on the To-Do list is to mount the rolling mill my wife got me for Christmas last year.  Today was a good day.