Wednesday, June 1, 2016

So tonight was the last night of my leaded stained-glass class. The task tonight was cementing/grouting of our windows.  Originally, this step weather sealed the window since they didn't use triple-paned windows in the past.  By filling in the gaps between the lead came and the glass, this also firms up the whole window and stills any rattling of loose glass - the transformation is amazing ... the window feels so much more solid after grouting.
I'm so happy with my finished window, but I'm also sad the class is over ... I really looked forward to it every Wednesday night for the last month.  But I now have more skills than I started with and I look forward to designing the window and door panels I've been thinking about these last 12 years (ever since we moved in).